Monday, June 1, 2009

Bekah has Quit her Pacifier!

Yesterday, I decided it was time to start weaning Bekah off the pacifier. I had read that a good way to do it was to cut a little bit off the tip each time until it no longer soothed the child. So yesterday, I just cut a little bit off the tip of her pacifier before naptime. When I gave it to her, she looked at me and said "Paci Broke? Trash!" and ran and threw it in the trash can. She did this twice. Naptime was a little rough because it was so new. But by night time, she knew that she had thrown her beloved "paci" away (she did the same thing when I offered her another pacifier with a cut tip before bedtime) and only cried for a short little bit.
She's growing up!



She also got an early birthday present on Friday.


We bounced and bounced all weekend and even had the neighbors come over and bounce too. I think this will be a good investment, especially when Blake is old enough to bounce too!

No comments:

Post a Comment